Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wild Irish Bardstown Rose

I'm bed ridden today, but had to post something for St. Patty's Day :)  I was in Kentucky last year, at an Irish Pub (for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the Irish Pub) and had this cocktail, and it was delish.   So good, that I of course grilled/innocently flirted ;) with the bartender for the recipe. I wrote it down on a napkin and carried it around for about 6 months until I put it on the roster for this blog.  It has been patiently awaiting it's debut in a drawer in my office.  It even had a stain from that same cocktail in the corner of the napkin!  Completely different than your average Irish Rose Cocktail.  The Gingerale (Irish Rose is usually made with soda) and the Pomegranate (usually made with Grenadine) gave it a rich taste, something about it was really unique.   Better than any green beer you'll ever have!  I promise.  And now that my college days are long behind me, I like to celebrate in a more sophisticated way.  Call me old, but, stained green teeth and feeling like a floatation device till March 20th (at least) just doesn't sound as appealing as it used to. Haha! :)

I love this recipe because my Grandfather (Wilbur, my mom's father) lived on Bardstown Road in Kentucky and this drink is called the Wild Irish Bardstown Rose.  It's not green, but it's good!

Give it a shot, stop at the liquor store and grab the ingredients on your way home tonight.  I hope you've got some corned beef and cabbage waiting in the crock pot for ya!  This will be a great pairing.

Wild Irish Bardstown Rose
2 oz Irish Whiskey
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Pomegranate Juice
2 oz Gingerale
Combine, shake and serve over ice.

Happy St. Patty's Day :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment